Hautes-Alpes: between nature and culture
This tour including four stages takes you on the roads of the Hautes-Alpes department. During this itinerary you will have the opportunity to discover the rich heritage and enjoy nature. To give you courage and comfort after your excursions, suggestions for tasting local products are presented!
Start the tour in L'Argentière-la-Bessée, a town with azure colors located on the edge of the Durance river. With a rich industrial past and an exceptional environment, L'Argentière-la-Bessée has many advantages and attractions for its visitors.
- Heritage: the Silver Mine and the Mining Museum
Discover the industrial and commercial past of L'Argentière-la-Bessée by visiting the Silver Mine (Mine d’Argent du Fournel). During the underground visit you will be able to understand the organization of medieval works. An archaeological, historical and geological approach that will appeal to all generations.
- Nature: the Deslioures Reserve
The blue thistle reserve of the Fournel valley is a Natura 2000 classified site unique in Europe. The flowering of this emblematic flower also called “Queen of the Alps” is around July 15th. The Biological Reserve remains accessible all year round!
- La Vallouise charcuteries: sausages, cabbage sausages, godiveau, diots ... 100% homemade and local!
- Farmers' market: every Friday, between 8 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - Place de la Mairie
La Mine d'argent du Fournel
On presentation of your PASS'ETAPES card, benefit from free delivery in the area
Reserved for customers
On presentation of your PASS'ETAPES card, benefit from a reduced rate at the Fournel Silver Mine on guided tours. Reduced adult rate at 12 € (15 € full rate), child rate at 9 € (10 € full rate).
Reserved for customers
On presentation of your PASS'ETAPES card, benefit from :
- 10% discount on the shampoo/cutting/brushing formula (woman/man)
- 5% discount on Bio Esthétique products sold in the boutique
Reach Crots for this second stage, located near Embrun on the shores of Lake Serre-Ponçon. Discover the village and the history of Crots thanks to the Land of Art and History booklet “Parcours Crots”, on sale at the tourist office and at the Embrunais charcuterie museum.
- Heritage: the medieval village and its heritage
In Crots the heritage is rich: the Picomtal Castle, the medieval village, the Church of St Laurent and the Embrunais charcuterie museum. Your visit to Crots will be rhythmic! A little further on the heights of the village, reach the Abbey of Boscodon, a jewel of Romanesque art. A majestic abbey in an incredible environment on the slopes of the Grand Morgon.
- Nature: The Forest of Boscodon
The remarkable high mountain forest of Boscodon, labeled “Exceptional Forest”, is home to exceptional flora and fauna, various tree species, rare insects… keep your eyes wide open! You can easily walk on the many trails. Two beaches of the Serre-Ponçon lake are accessible directly from Crots: Chanterelle and Eaux Douces.
- Bee products: mountain honey, propolis, royal jelly, pollen and gingerbread are the quality products offered by the Miellerie de Baratier (3 km from Crots).
- Fromages et Traditions: sale of local and regional products in front of the village, along the RN94.
- La Ferme Embrunaise: mountain charcuterie, ZA des Moulins, route de Boscodon
The last stage of this tour takes place in St-Jean-St-Nicolas, in the heart of the upper Champsaur valley in the Ecrins National Park. An environment still preserved in which savoir-faire and traditions are renowned.
- Heritage: Museums and traditions
Visit “L'école d'autrefois”, an old school with a collection of old objects to fall back into childhood! After having studied well, discover the “Moulin Museum”, where playful and participatory guided tours are proposed to learn more about the authentic daily life of families in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Nature: Ecrins National Park
Here walking is commonplace! So put on your sneakers and use the many hiking trails for an immersion in nature. These moments will revitalise you! To avoid unpleasant surprises remember to get information about the difficulty levels before starting your hiking!
- Tourton from the Champsaur valley: very fine pastry pad, fried and filled with mashed potatoes, fresh tomme and onions. To taste as much as you like!
- Farmers' market: every Friday morning
Only a few kilometers from Crots is the village of Savines-le-Lac. The city has a central position on the lake. Savines-le-Lac is a complete and varied tourist resort and is therefore labeled a green station and a port of Serre-Ponçon.
- Heritage: Cultural Center “Le XXe” (CIAP) and Saint Florent Church
Following the construction of the Serre-Ponçon dam, the village of Savines was destroyed, drowned and then rebuilt on the left bank of the lake to become Savines-le-Lac. Visit the “Centre d’Interprétation de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine” (CIAP) dedicated to 20th century heritage. Discover this history and the modern architecture of the territory: the emergence of ski resorts, the creation of Lake Serre-Ponçon, the reconstruction of Savines-le-Lac. The town is one of the rare examples in France of a new village fully labeled as a 20th century heritage.
The contemporary church inaugurated in 1962 constitutes today an essential stage of the pilgrimages along the Camino de Santiago and Rome.
- Nature: Lake Serre-Ponçon
Lake Serre-Ponçon is the largest artificial lake in France. Thanks to its controlled development, nature is omnipresent and its environment remarkable. A multitude of activities are available to you so that you can enjoy this exceptional setting!
- Goat cheeses: at the foot of the Réallon ski resort (13 km from Savines-le-Lac), the GAEC Ferme du Bayle (goat farm) produces its cheeses, cottage cheese, crottins and tommes. Pra Prunier, 05160 Réallon.
- Farm sheep cheeses: production of raw milk sheep cheeses. Fresh and mature cheeses, tommes, yogurts, cottage cheese. GAEC de Champ Marin, Les Bouteils, 05200 Puy-Sanières.
- L’Atelier Boutique "Chez Babeth": Syrups and jams made from flowers and berries picked in the Réallon valley. Unique products, unusual tastes: larch, poppies, spruce, gentian, rowan… Charrière Grande l'Oustaou, 05160 Réallon